Our 2022 festive show opens very soon and the Barbican and Ha-Hum-Ah teams can't wait for Plymouth to experienceOh No It Isn't. There are plenty of reasons why it's the perfect show to make your festive season a super funny one so we've shared a few with you here...
1. This is an original story so you won’t have seen anything like it before or be comparing it to versions of fairytales you’ve seen again and again.
2. You’re supporting local. You know that Barbican Theatre is born and bred in Plymouth (we’re 42 years young!) but you might not know that (the award winning!) Ha-Hum-Ah Theatre are from and based in Cornwall. Our teams of tech and production crew, front of house, marketing, finance and creatives are all from / based in Devon & Cornwall too!
3. You deserve a treat - simple! We’re coming towards the end of a third ‘what the heck was that all about?’ year so laughter and a night out is definitely more than due!
4. We’re Paying It Forward! We’re offering4 Free Ticketsfor each Oh No It Isn'tperformance for anyone to book who otherwise might not be able to afford tickets for a festive theatre show this year.
5. This is not your classic sugary panto - it’s a more alternative festive show which looks at the idea of panto and relationships between actors. It’s still extremely funny but not in the way you might expect from your Christmas entertainment. Poignant messages and hilarity are the ideal recipe for a good festive show!
6. It’s for over 12s only - some of the language used isn’t really suitable for younger ears! Plus this means you should hopefully avoid the screaming-high-on-sugar kids kicking the back of your seat!
7.Our concession tickets are 'self described'.We don’t want money to be a barrier to people attending live events and performances. So if being able to pay the lower price for your ticket helps, we are happy for you to do that. You will not be asked to provide evidence of your income or circumstances.
8. You can get a delicious Thai mealand a drink before the show in the cosy, super friendly B-Bar. Their noodle boxes are legendary across the city. (booking essential 01752 242021)
9. It’s just over an hour long so no need to worry about needing a loo break or paying for loads of parking
10. Tickets are only £13.50 / £16.50for all seats / dates and no hidden fees! We think these ticket prices are really good value compared to the hefty prices some Christmas shows and pantos charge at this time of year - especially on the popular weekend / holiday dates where they’re even higher!