Actor training for performance
Barbican Theatre Performance Training 'Theatre' classes are for those who wish to develop acting and performance skills and want to perform!
COMPANY b Theatre is for ages 16 - 25 and ideal for artists who want to take their training and performances to a higher level. It is particularly suitable for those considering professional training or developing their own work.
Theatre Junction is for ages 12 - 16 is ideal for young people who want to develop and understanding of theatre and acting training and perform on a professional stage.
NEW LOWER PRICES FOR 2019-20 YEAR!
COMPANY b Theatre £60 per year
Theatre Junction £50 per year
Your annual membership fee includes
- Attendance of your dance / theatre classes for 30 weeks a year including performances and any extra rehearsals
- Discounted ticket price for nominated performances at Barbican Theatre / The Plymouth Athenaeum
- 10% discount on food and non alcoholic drinks in The B-Bar (upon presentation of your Membership card which will be issued when you sign up for Barbican Theatre Performance Training)
- Opportunity to buy exclusive Performance Training t-shirts (£8) and hoodies (£18) – order form available here (we have stock already so there’s no waiting for them to arrive if you order now!)
5 reasons to choose our theatre performance training
- Rehearsing & performing on a professional stage
- Production driven
- High quality artistic productions facilitation of professional standard, aiming for constant development
- Developing socially conscious young people and artists.
- Suport on your journey from young person to creative artist
COMPANY b Theatre
For ages 16 - 25
COMPANY b Theatre will create and perform in 2 productions per year plus other opportunities throughout the academic year such as festivals and curtain raisers for professional productions.
Confirmed projects and opportunities for the 2019-20 year include:
A Grimm Christmas Nov - Dec 2019
COMPANY b Theatre members will have the opportunity to audition for roles in Barbican Theatre and The Wheel's annual adults only festive co-production, this year A Grimm Christmas. They will work alongside professional actors and perform in front of paying audiences.
Plymouth Fringe Festival May - June 2020
Following the hugely successful street performances of Down With Clowns at Plymouth Fringe Festival 2019 members of COMPANY b Theatre will be invited to submit a performance proposal for inclusion in the 2020 festival.
What will I gain from joining COMPANY b Theatre?
In COMPANY b members will develop and their knowledge of all elements of theatre, honing their acting and devising skills, cultivating an understanding of the professional world of theatre including stage management, acting techniques, writing, plus audition processes and preparation.
A high level of commitment and dedication is expected of all COMPANY b members who will receive intensive training in order to create theatre of a professional quality.
COMPANY b Theatre members are auditioned to achieve their place. Details of the next auditions dates can be found below.
Price per year: £60 (approx 30 weeks)
Sessions: Wednesdays 6:15pm – 9:15pm
Venue: Barbican Theatre auditorium
Audition dates: Tue 24 Sept or Tue 2 Oct 2019 from 6:15pm - 9:15pm
Auditions are workshop based and informal so there is no need to have anything prepared
For ages 12 - 16
Theatre Junction is ideal for young people who want to develop an understanding of theatre and acting and is especially suitable for those considering drama and theatre for GCSE and higher education studies in the future.
Theatre Junction classes are fun and lively. Members will develop technical skills or theatre whilst making new friends, building confidence and improving their health and well-being. They will also have the opportunity to create and perform on a professional stage.
Details of the next free taster dates can be found below.
Price per year: £50
Sessions: Mondays 7pm – 8:30pm or Tuesdays 4:30pm - 6pm
Venue: Barbican Theatre auditorium
Next tasters date: Mon 23 Sep or Mon 30 Sep 7pm - 8:30pm and Tue 24 Sep or 1 Oct 4:30pm - 6pm