Hiring Our Spaces
There are a number of spaces available to hire at Barbican Theatre and The Plymouth Athenaeum including:
- Auditorium capacity: up to 144 (seated)
- Suitable for: theatre, dance, comedy, musicals, lectures, conferences, training, rehearsals.
- Additional info: has a sprung floor, has up to 4 wheelchair accessible seats
Barbican Theatre is a vibrant and creative venue located in the heart of historic Barbican in Plymouth. The building houses a well-equipped auditorium which seats up to 140, a bright rehearsal studio and an intimate cafe bar which has space for small bands and cabaret-style performances.
All spaces are available to hire throughout the year and we can cater for a variety of purposes from small scale theatre, dance productions and conferences to award ceremonies and drinks receptions, from formal business meetings to team away days and training.
As well as space we can also offer technical, marketing, front of house and box office (using the widely used Spektrix system) services. If you would like us to quote for inclusion of these please let us know.
We can create a package tailored to your requirements and will always try to accommodate your requests. For an information pack that covers everything you should need to know about hiring a space and using the services available at Barbican Theatre please email email@example.com
- Auditorium capacity: up to 337 (seated)
- Suitable for: theatre, music, dance, comedy, musicals, lectures, conferences, training, rehearsals, screenings, meetings.
- Additional info: stalls accessible for wheelchair users and has up to 6 wheelchair accessible seats
We have a range of rooms and spaces that are available for hire. From our 337-seat theatre to our bright and airy lounge and our lecture hall and meeting rooms, we’ve got plenty of spaces available for hire.
Take a look at our Room Hire Guide for more details and if there is space you would like to hire please complete and return a Hiring Enquiry Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to The Plymouth Athenaeum, Derry’s Cross, Plymouth, PL1 2SW.
As well as space we can also offer technical, marketing, front of house and box office (using the widely used Spektrix system) services
For hiring enquiries please email email@example.com or telephone (01752) 266079